Nordic Walking Nations
Each step provides:
- Better Posture, Balance and Walking Gait
- Activates 90% of your body musculature
- Increases levels of Dopamine, new brain cells, helps self-regulate brain to calm down
- An Aerobic Resistant/Cross motor exercise generates better Brain Function
- Reduces 30% stress and pain from back, hips, knees and ankles, improves Endurance
- Improves Immune, Vascular and Lymphatics
- Burns 22-47% more Calories than regular walking
- Strengthens and balances the Para- Spinal Muscles
- Improves your mood and restful SLEEP
Other benefits of Nordic Walking are:
- Increase in exercise endurance
- Increase in good (HDL) cholesterol
- Increase in insulin sensitivity
- Increase energy level
- Increase muscle strength and flexibility
- Increase in relaxation – restful sleep
- Reduction in body weight
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Reduction in bad (LDL and total) cholesterol
- Reduction in bad (LDL and total) cholesterol
- Reduction in blood sugar levels
- Reduction in side effects of medications (steroids
- Reduction in depression
- Reduction in shortness of breath
Colleagues enjoying the health benefits of Nordic walking
Dr. Ernie Bodai, MD
Founder of Kaiser’s Breast Cancer Survivorship Institute, also pioneered the Breast Cancer Research Stamp, launched in 1998 as the country’s first fundraising postage stamp.
Breast Cancer Survivorship
Dr. Michael Klaper, MD
Dr. Michael Klaper has 40+ years of experience as a physician, consultant, and educator in clinical medicine and applied nutrition.
Dr. Scott Stoll, MD
Author of 'Alive! - A Physician's Biblical and Scientific Guide to Nutrition. Board certified specialists in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation .
Dr. Hans Diehl, H.Sc., M.P.H.
Director, Lifestyle Medicine Institute at Loma Linda, California. The cardiovascular epidemiologists also is the Founder of CHIP (Complete Health Improvement Program)
Life Improving Companies We Recommend
Dr. Michael Greger, M.D. FACLM
What is the healthiest diet?
Find out what the latest science is saying about your favorite foods to help you make the healthiest choices for you and your family .
Dr. Marc Braman M.D. Lifestyle Medicine Foundation
LifestyleFACTS.org is brought to you by the non-profit Lifestyle Medicine Foundation:“Changing the world and millions of lives through lifestyle medicine”
The Plantrician Project
The Plantrician Project Mission: To educate, equip and empower our physicians and healthcare practitioners with knowledge about the indisputable benefits of plant-based nutrition
Informed by the world’s longest-lived cultures, we help you
Live Longer, Better
9 Lessons from the worlds Blues Zones
on living a longer healthier active lifestyle:
- Move Naturally. Moving naturally throughout the day — walking, gardening, doing housework — is a core part of the Blue Zones lifestyle.
- Purpose. The Okinawans call it ikigai and the Nicoyans call it plan de vida. Knowing why you wake up in the morning makes you healthier, happier, and adds up to seven years of extra life expectancy.
- Down Shift. Stress is part of life, but Blue Zones centenarians have stress-relieving rituals built into their daily routines. Adventists pray, Ikarians nap, and Sardinians do happy hour.
- 80% Rule. People in Blue Zones areas stop eating when their stomachs are 80% full and eat their smallest meal in the early evening.
- Plant Slant. Beans are the cornerstone of most centenarian diets. Vegetables, fruit, and whole grains round out the rest of the diet and meat is eaten in small amounts.
- Wine at 5. Moderate but regular consumption of wine (with friends and/or food) is part of the Blue Zones lifestyle.
- Belong. Being part of a faith-based community adds four to 14 years to life expectancy.
- Loved Ones First. Having close and strong family connections (with spouses, parents, grandparents, and grandchildren) is common with Blue Zones centenarians.
- Right Tribe. The world’s longest lived people have close friends and strong social networks.
Our Senior health and wellness program covers many of the underlying Medical conditions that puts you into a High Risk group!
*Introducing Dan Buettner , who coined the term “Blue Zones”
Dan Buettner is an explorer, National Geographic Fellow, award-winning journalist and producer, and a New York Times bestselling author. He discovered the five places in the world—dubbed Blue Zones—where people live the longest, healthiest lives. His articles about these places in The New York Times Magazine and National Geographic are two of the most popular for both publications.
Frank Cousineau, President
Since 1973, the Cancer Control Society has brought life-saving information to thousands of patients and their families.
The highlight of the year is when the CCS sponsors their Annual Cancer Control Convention, featuring Medical Doctors, Clinical Researchers, Nutritionists and Authors on Alternative Medicine, sharing their latest findings for treating Cancer and Other Diseases.
Have a Wonderful Day
Nordic Walking with Friends
In Your Neighborhood!
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF SHAPE UP US AND CREATOR OF THE HIP HOP HEALTHY HEART PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN™ AND CLAP4HEALTH℠ NEWEST COOKBOOK, “THINK OUTSIDE THE LUNCHBOX”
Described by the media as “a one-woman business dynamo,” “America’s Healthy Mom” and “A National Sensation,” Steinback serves as the executive director of Shape Up US. In 2011, Jyl was awarded a Community Leadership Award from the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition “For exemplary service and dedication to improving the lives of others by promoting and fostering opportunities for participation in fitness, sports or nutrition programs.”
Steinback, who has worked in the health and wellness industry for more than 35 years as a personal trainer, educator, and lifestyle guru has sold more than 2 million books that educate consumers to change their lifestyle by making positive choices through proper nutrition, exercise, and healthy living. She has been a spokesperson teaching health and wellness throughout the country.
Shape Up US™
Dedicated to Preventing Obesity and Empowering Children and Families to Lead Happier, Healthier Lives
Nordic Walking is
Full Body, Aerobic, Resistance, and Cross Motor Function Exercise
“ I am walking the path of Wellness”
134 lbs Weight Loss!
I met Dr. Popejoy at the American College of Lifestyle Medicine in Tucson, Az.
I explained to him that I have tried numerous times over the years to lose weight by diet alone, but it had always ended in failure because walking any distance created pain.
After listening to his story I tried the Nordic Walking Poles and felt a major relief of pain when walking.
15 min. of Nordic Walking is equal to 27 minutes of regular walking burning 22-47% more calories, so it didn’t take long before I was walking farther with no pain.
Since that day I have lost 72 lbs. in the first 3 months and 134 lbs. in 6 months and have participated in my first 5k walk.
I highly recommend this wonderful walking program with it’s additional exercises for Stretching, Strengthening, Breathing and Balance .
Senior Fall Prevention
and Memory Care
I just started a Nordic Pole Walking exercise class at my Senior Retirement Home.
I and others were amazed, that we all felt on our first walking session a full body workout.
It gave us stability, better posture and helped relieved chronic pain. It’s also a resistant cross motor exercise creating better brain function.
I also, enjoy the stretching, strengthening and balance exercise!
I would highly recommend this Nordic Home Walking Exercise Program.
Founder & Director
is Recommended By
Together . . .
We Are Changing The World
We are a dedicated group of Healthcare Professionals and Health and Wellness Instructors, wanting to make positive changes in people lives.
Our Mission: To educate, inspire, empower and support people to become accountable to themselves.
We believe Nordic Pole Walking exercise will raise the fitness level in our World of Nations!