Nordic Walking Nations
Workplace Wellness Program
Healthy Truckers & Administrators
We want to introduce you to the first Nordic Medical Walking Program in the United States, launched into the medical community September 2016, after 2 years of development. There are over 350 Scientific/ Medical studies on Nordic Walking showing benefits in 4-6 weeks. This has been a well-kept European Health Secret for over 20 years with over 10 million people Nordic Pole Walking!
Together we can Change The Lives of Truckers!
Our Walk at Work Wellness Program is easily implemented and cost effective for any business, no matter how large or small, proving employees with the #1 Nordic Medical Pole Walking Exercise Program in the USA today!
Research has proven that well- constructed workplace wellness programs can reduce costs to the employer and improve health and being.
Nordic pole walking is a fun and social activity that is proven to improve stress management, mood, increase energy, general strength and health and is highly effective for weight loss that contributes to better management and prevention of most chronic health conditions. It is a “Full Body Aerobic Resistance Exercise” creating cross motor function, which helps develop new neural pathways for better brain function. Nordic Pole Walking provides twice the Health Benefits of regular walking in half the time. It can be done outdoors or in, on any surface and at any fitness level.
Our program has an 80%+ compliance rate with employees at work. Your long haul drivers on the road for days at a time, are the ones who really benefits.
In America, nearly 1 of every 15 people in the workforce is employed in the trucking industry which includes over 3.5 million truck drivers on our roads. Due to an unhealthy Lifestyle and lack of good nutrition and daily exercise while traveling, truck drivers are categorically one of the unhealthiest populations in our country.
The average life expectancy of drivers is 61 years (Global Insight May 2005). Statistics from National Institute of Health show that more than 50% of truck drivers are obese compared to national rate of 26%. The prevalence of diabetes is 50% higher and 87% of drivers have hypertension or prehypertension. Among the general adult population 49% exercise regularly while truck drivers only exercise 8% of the time.
Improving truck driver’s health does not go without challenges. Commercial drivers work extremely long days, in a high-stress environment. Their job requires them to meet tight schedules stay alert for up to 14 hours a day. Drivers remain sedentary for long periods of time and lack of quality food options providing poor nutrition/ diet and time for a proper full body exercise program while they are on the road.
A Wellness Program needs to address chronic disease, but more importantly the challenge of getting drivers to participate in the programs. Walking is the number one exercise recommended by Doctors to their patients, because it is simple and everybody can walk unless disabled.
15 minutes of Nordic Walking is equivalent of 27 minutes of regular walking.
It gives you the same health benefits as swimming or cross country skiing.
Nordic Pole Walking:
- 15 minutes of Nordic Walking is equivalent of 27 minutes of regular walking, giving you the same health benefits as swimming or cross country skiing.
- Incorporates 90% of all muscles in one exercise that you can instantly feel while walking, giving you hope and a purpose to stay on this simple exercise program
- Develops upright body posture reducing stress on the spine.
- Reduces up to 27% stress on the lower back, hips and knees while walking.
- Nordic Poles can be used to do over 30 Strengthening, Stretching and Breathing in or outside of their truck.
Nordic Walking Exercises increase:
- Energy level – Weight loss
- Muscle strength and flexibility
- Cross motor function – coordination, balance helping
to build neural pathways, creating better brain function!
- Relaxation – restful sleep
- Increases Bone density and strength
- Cardiopulmonary endurance
Nordic Walking Exercises decease:
- Blood Pressure
- Blood sugar levels
- Risk factors of heart diseases
- Side effects of medicine (steroids)
- Shortness of breath
On-site or online
• Easy to learn
• More effective exercise than walking without poles
• Just 10-30 minutes with poles and shoes
• Group or independent activity
• Year around walking
• Can be done by all ages and fitness levels
We work with businesses big or small to create customized “Walk at Work” exercise programs that works with your employee’s needs. We also provide Stretching, Strengthening and Breathing exercises as part of our programs giving your employee’s a simple full body workout in 10-30 minutes.
Nordic Walking Nations is made up of a dedicated group of Healthcare Professionals and Health and Wellness Instructors, who have been certified in the proper technique of Nordic Pole Walking. This technique was developed in Finland in 1997 to deliver the maximum health and fitness benefits and is used throughout the world today.
Regular walking programs are good… but ours is better!
Our Walk at Work exercise programs include:
1. An initial consultation between our lifestyle consultants and your business to understand your interest and needs.
2. An engaging educational presentation for employees during which we discuss the many health benefits of Nordic Walking. We provide hands on demonstrations providing the opportunity for each person to try walking with Nordic poles and then we assess overall interest.
3. Our lifestyle consultants create a custom exercise program for your employees.
4. We will train the employees that will lead the Walk at Work Program for your company.
5. We can provide educational and inspiring articles on the health benefits of Nordic Walking from our Healthcare Providers in our monthly newsletter.
6. We provide discounts on the purchase of our Nordic Walking Poles for businesses enrolled in our Walk at Work Exercise Program.