Nordic Walking Nations
Workplace Wellness Program
Healthy Teachers & Students
Nations Walk at Work Wellness Program is easily implemented and most effective for any school, no matter how large or small, proving Teachers with the #1 Nordic Medical Pole Walking Exercise Program in the USA today!
Research has proven that well- constructed workplace wellness programs can reduce costs to the employer and improve health – wellness. Nordic pole walking is a fun and social activity for teachers during breaks and lunch hour that is proven to improve their stress management, mood, increase energy, general strength and health and is highly effective for those needing help with weight loss that contributes to better management and prevention of most chronic health conditions. It is a “Full Body Aerobic Resistance Exercise” creating cross motor function, which helps develop new neuro pathways for better brain function. Nordic Pole Walking provides twice the Health Benefits of regular walking in half the time. It can be done outdoors or in, on any surface and at any fitness level. Our program has an 80%+ compliance rate with employees at work!
Management often puzzles over how to create a happier and healthier workforce, and this is where we come in. We believe in a simple approach to exercise that provides your employees an enjoyable and social activity that makes them healthier and more productive at work and also helps to reduce absenteeism. Employers have realized that if they want a healthy and happier workforce, then they need to invest in the wellness of those they hire.
Nations Nordic Pole Walking program is ideal for any Workplace Wellness Programs for many reasons;
On-site or online training programs
• Easy to learn
• More effective exercise over walking without poles
• Just 10-30 minutes with poles and shoes
• Group or independent activity
• Year around walking
• Can be done by all ages and fitness levels
We work with schools big or small to create customized “Walk at Work” exercise programs that works with your teacher’s needs. We also provide Stretching, Strengthening, Breathing and Balance exercises as part of our programs giving your employee’s a simple full body workout in 10-30 minutes.
Nordic Walking Nations is made up of a dedicated group of Healthcare Professionals and Health/Wellness Instructors, who have been certified in the proper technique of Nordic Pole Walking. This technique was developed in Finland in 1997 to deliver the maximum health and fitness benefits and is used throughout the world today. Regular walking programs are good… but ours are better!
Our Walk at Work exercise programs include:
(60 day pilot programs are also available)
1. An initial consultation between our lifestyle consultants and your administration to understand your interest and needs.
2. An engaging educational presentation for employees during which we discuss the many health benefits of Nordic Walking. We provide hands on demonstrations giving the opportunity for each person to try walking with Nordic poles with its stretching,
strengthening, breathing and balance exercises, then we assess overall interest.
3. Our lifestyle consultants create a custom exercise program for your teachers.
4. We will train the teachers that will lead the Walk at Work Program for your school.
5. We can provide educational and inspiring articles on the health benefits of Nordic Walking from our Healthcare Providers in our quarterly newsletter.
6. We provide discounts on the purchase of our Nordic Walking Poles for schools enrolled in our Walk at Work Exercise Program.