Nordic Walking Nations
Workplace Wellness Program
Healthy Employees & Administrators
We want to introduce you to the first Nordic Medical Walking Program in the United States, launched into the medical community September 2016, after 2 years of development. There are over 350 Scientific/ Medical studies on Nordic Walking showing benefits in 4-6 weeks. This has been a well-kept European Health Secret for over 20 years with over 10 million people Nordic Pole Walking!
Walk at Work Wellness Program is easily implemented and cost effective for any business, no matter how large or small, proving employees with the #1 Nordic Medical Pole Walking Exercise Program in the USA today!
A Wellness Program needs to address chronic disease, but more importantly the challenge of getting employees to participate in the programs. Walking is the number one exercise recommended by Doctors to their patients, because it is simple and everybody can walk unless disabled.
Nordic Pole Walking:
15 minutes of Nordic Walking is equivalent of 27 minutes of regular walking giving you the same health benefits as swimming or cross country skiing.
Incorporates 90% of all muscles in one exercise that you can instantly feel while walking, giving you hope and a purpose to stay on this simple exercise program
Develops upright body posture reducing stress on the spine.
Reduces up to 27% stress on the lower back, hips and knees while walking.
Nordic Poles can be used to do over 30 Strengthening, Stretching and Breathing exercises in or outside of their workplace.
Nordic Walking Exercises increases:
Energy level – Weight loss
Muscle strength and flexibility
Cross motor function – coordination, balance helping to build neuro pathways creating better brain function!
Relaxation – restful sleep
Increases Bone density and strength
Nordic Walking Exercises deceases:
Blood sugar levels
Risk factors of heart diseases
Side effects of medicine (steroids)
Shortness of breath
Research has proven that well- constructed workplace wellness programs can reduce costs to the employer and improve health and well- being. Nordic Pole Walking is a fun and social activity that is proven to improve stress management, mood, increase energy, general strength and health and is highly effective for weight loss that contributes to better management and prevention of most chronic health conditions.
It is a “Full Body Aerobic Resistance Exercise” creating cross motor function, which helps develop new neural pathways for better brain function. Nordic Pole Walking provides twice the Health Benefits of regular walking in half the time. It can be done outdoors or in, on any surface and fitness level. Our program has an 80%+ compliance rate with employees at work.
Management often puzzles over how to create a happier and healthier workforce, and this is where we come in. We believe in a simple approach to exercise that provides your employees an enjoyable and social activity that makes them healthier and more productive at work and also helps to reduce absenteeism.
Employers have realized that if they want a healthy and happier workforce, then they need to invest in the wellness of those they hire.
Nations Nordic Pole Walking program is ideal for any Workplace Wellness Programs for many reasons;
• Easy to learn
• More effective exercise over walking without poles
• Just 10-30 minutes with poles and shoes
• Group or independent activity
• Year around walking
• Can be done by all ages and fitness levels
Nordic Walking Nations is made up of a dedicated group of Healthcare Professionals and Health and Wellness Instructors, who have been certified in the proper technique of Nordic Pole Walking. This technique was developed in Finland in 1997 to deliver the maximum health and fitness benefits and is used throughout the world today. There are over 350 medical studies on the health benefits of Nordic Walking showing improvement in 4-6 weeks, no matter of age or condition.
Regular walking programs are good… but ours are better!
Our exercise program includes:
1. An initial consultation between our lifestyle consultants and your business to understand your interest and needs.
2. An engaging educational presentation for employees during which we discuss the many health benefits of Nordic Walking. We provide hands on demonstrations providing the opportunity for each person to try walking with Nordic poles with its stretching, strengthening and breathing exercises, then we assess overall interest.
3. Our lifestyle consultants create a custom exercise program for your employees.
4. We will train the employees that will lead the Walk at Work Program for your company.
5. We can provide educational and inspiring articles on the health benefits of Nordic Walking from our Healthcare Providers in our quarterly newsletter.
6. We provide discounts on the purchase of our Nordic Walking Poles for businesses enrolled in our Walk at Work Exercise Program.
Our programs can be fully implemented and sustained through your employees or our team of Lifestyle Consultants – the choice is yours!