Senior Fall Prevention Flyer
Free Fall Prevention Flyer (PDF)
The Trouble With Falls
- Every 11 seconds, an older adult is treated in the emergency department for a fall – related injury.
- Every 19 minutes, an older adult dies from a fall-related injury.
- One out of five falls leads to fractures (broken bones), concussion, or other serious injuries.
- Women are more likely to fall indoors and men outdoors.
- Men are more likely to die from falls.
- Women are more likely to be injured with double the rate of fall-related fractures than men.
- Practically all hip fractures – over 95% – result from falls.
- At least 300,000 older adults are hospitalized each year for hip fractures.