by Nordic Walking Nations
The Nordic Medical Pole Walking
Program is the most effective exercise
for diabetes, covering all 4 forms of exercise
1. After- meal exercise
patients with blood sugar problems can reduce their blood sugar spikes by 1 to 3 points for every minute of light to moderate exercise that they engage in immediately following a meal.
2. Aerobic/Cardio Exercise
this exercise involves continuous, rhythmic movements of your large muscle groups.
3. Resistance/ Strength Training
strengthens all the major muscle groups in the body. It can powerfully reduce insulin resistance and help balance blood sugars.
4. Interval Training
involves alternating short bursts of intense physical activity.
View Benefits of Nordic Walking, featuring
McClellan Park Nordic Walking Club
Pasadena Nordic Walking Club
6 Health Benefits
gained with each Step!
Nordic Walking is a Full Body,
Aerobic, Resistance, Cross motor Function Exercise
Each step provides better;
- Posture and Balance
- Strengthens and balances the Para-Spinal Muscles
- Activates 90% of your body musculature
- Burns 22-47% more Calories
- Reduces 30% stress and pain from back, hips, knees and ankles
- Resistant / Cross motor exercise generates increase Brain Function
Exercise is Medicine
“15 minutes of
is equal to
27 minutes of